Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here comes the flood...

Well, as much fun as Flaming Gorge was, we didn't end our holiday weekend on such a good note. When we got home from our fabulous 3 day trip, we walked in to find our house looking like this after our top floor toilet ran and overflowed for 3 days. The damage went from the top floor, through the main floor, and down into the basement. Thank goodness we have a drain in the basement that the water was able to drain into or we could have come home to a foot of water in our basement. It was devastating. I am happy to report that nothing irreplaceable was damaged and everything can be fixed. Yea for Utah Disaster Relief!!! They are an amazing organization and every person that has come through our house makes me feel like I have known them for years and are so compassionate. We are so lucky that no one was hurt and all can be repaired. When it sounds like a helicopter is going to land in your house because 30 fans are running to dry it out, you really appreciate your home and the every day quite. I want to thank all of our friends and family who made sure we had everything we needed during the terrible first week of this mess. We are so blessed to know the most amazing and caring people.




















The progress so far...




Didn't we just do this???






8 comments:

The DeBoer's said...

oh, man! That sucks I am sorry that happened. Good thing no one got hurt!

Jeenyus10 said...

OH MY GOD I WOULD DIE!!!!!! THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow! Thank goodness everything can be fixed! What a mess!

Katy said...

that's a lot of damage. i'd be upset too. i hope the reconstruction is going well and it's almost back to normal.

Beverly said...

I'm so sorry, I hope your doing better. You were so sad when we talked. New stuff is kinda fun. We still need to do lunch. Keep your chin up.

Keesha said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea it was that bad!!! You have such a beautiful home and I can't even imagine how you felt when you came home saw that. Glad to hear it is getting finished up soon. Let us know if you need anything.

The Eresuma Family said...

Wow! How crazy! Makes for a crazy story to tell! Hope progress to norm happens quickly!!

Cheryl said...

I've been neglecting the blog for so long. I just saw these pictures. Just remember what you said, no one was hurt. I can imagine how hard it must be, but you are staying positive. You are good at getting out and going shopping! :) Great pictures though. Love ya!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics