Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I heart SF

Before Shane's mom starts her next round of Chemo, we wanted to take her somewhere special that she has never been before. Her pick was San Francisco. I was so excited because I love San Fran. I have been there twice before and couldn't wait to go again. It was perfect weather the whole time. It was about 75-78 degrees and I soaked it all in every minute I was there. The first day we went down to Fisherman's Wharf. The second day we went and did some sight seeing in our own limo to the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, St. Mary's Cathedral, and Ghirardelli Square. The last day we spent down at Jack London Square and then it was time to go home. It went by way to fast, but it was a great trip filled with laughing, eating, and just being together as a family.
.

First stop. Fisherman's Wharf. Here is the whole group, well...minus me :)
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
The Bay Bridge.
Photobucket
.
We had so much fun at a yummy dinner on Pier 39.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
The Wharf at night.
Photobucket
.
The next day was our limo tour. On our way to the Golden Gate Bridge I took this from inside the limo.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Next stop was St. Mary's Cathedral. Built in 1967. Virginia's favorite stop :)
Photobucket
.
I just have to say that there was not a rainbow that day?? Pretty awesome that this showed up in my picture.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Last stop on our limo tour....CHOCOLATE!!! Yum!
Photobucket
.
On our last day we spent it at Jack London Square. It was a beautiful day!
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.
We did miss our little kiddos. It's always nice to come home.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Beverly said...

I have never been, it looks wonderful. I'm so glad you all had so much fun.

Katy said...

It's such a beautiful city..Gary is there now working not playing! Photos were great..love the one of the kids wearing their SF shirts. What a fun weekend for Shane's Mom and all of you!

Cheryl said...

Great pictures. What a fun idea and to have that time with family is always great.

LaTour said...

What a wonderful thing to do!! Great pictures. Love your hair straight too- so cute!!!

Kristi Veale said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. I love San Fran. I wish I would have had my camera when I went a few years ago.

The Eresuma Family said...

How special to have all that time together and make fun memories! Love all the sign photos what a great collection!

Jeenyus10 said...

I hear the weather is that way all of the time. That's it, I'm movin'! Virginia looks great. I like the pic of the two of them on the park bench, so cute. That rainbow above the church is framable!!! Your hair is getting long! Looks like fun!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics