Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial weekend camping!

Kate suggested Topaz Mountain. Last time she was there, she was 10. We didn't really have a plan, just set out and see what we find. I am so glad we decided to go there. It was so fun and the kids really had a blast rock hounding. Yes, not hunting...hounding. We had a book and everything. Kate is really into geology. I remember her being that way back in high school. After a full day of hiking, biking, rock hounding, lizard catching, and camp fire dance party the kids were so worn out. That was nice for us :) Here are some fun pics from our fabulous weekend with the Rico family!

I hiked up the mountain to get our camp. It looks like no one is around, but there were actually a lot of people there. We had an awesome spot!


Here is our mountain that the kids spent most of their time hiking.








I couldn't resist....haha


Here are some the new friends the kids found. They let them all go at the end of the day.


Campfire dance party!


The Robot.


Air Guitar.


Thriller.


Brady was an awesome zombie :)


I think Joshua and Sophie are ready for Dancing with the Stars :)


After the dance party we made smores with our GIANT mellows. You can get yours at the nearest Reams...haha. If you look at the picture with the fire there is a regular one next to the huge ones. They were awesome!!




Day one...over.


Day two we got down to some serious rock hounding.




Shane found an awesome piece of Topaz! I think we will replace my diamond with it...haha.


Taking a little rock hounding break.


Dang cute Rico family!


Rob is thinking of getting into modeling....LMAO!!




Aubrey fell asleep in the car ride over...but she was so dang cute earlier that day.


BFF's


Our last night. Who needs a tripod when you have a cooler on the bed of your truck :)
This was our test shot...haha


This is our...we're at the prom in the desert shot.


It was a great time!! Love you guys!

4 comments:

LaTour said...

Fun! Looks like a blast. Cute families.

Cheryl said...

Andrea-- Those are great photos! How fun! I felt like I was there and holding those little frogs! haha.

Suzanne Plant said...

I'm so jealous of all your fun camping adventures! I'm still laughing over the "prom in the desert" pic. Too funny!

Jeenyus10 said...

Fun! It has been too long! The Morleys need to go camping!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics