Saturday, March 7, 2009

Remember this....


Tonight when I was making dinner the boys were upstairs playing and being crazy as usual. They kept yelling for me that they wanted me to come see something or that they needed help. I knew they didn't need help so I just kept on with making dinner. After 10 or so minutes of them yelling for me I finally went up to see what all the fuss was about. As I walked into my room I didn't see them but saw my bed a total MESS! Why is it so much more fun to play and wrestle on mom and dads bed?? (which I also loved as a child) My first reaction is to get mad and tell them what a mess they had made. Before I could even get a word out I hear a faint voice say "mommy we're hiding, find us!". Well, I of course knew right were they were when he called out but played along like I couldn't find them. After a few minutes I went to where I knew they were and said A-HA! I found you!! They both jumped out and jumped on my bed where we had a tickle war. They said, "mommy you hide now". Off they went to count and I hid. While in my hiding place I was thinking to myself....remember this! Remember this time when they are little and sweet and love hide and go seek. Remember that playing on mommy's bed is fun and not just a mess. Remember those laughs and how the tiniest tickle makes them a fish out of water.... A-HA!! We found you! They find me in the closet and cheer to the victory. I am off to finish dinner boys...have fun. And that's what they did until I called them for dinner. I wish you all a hide and go seek, tickle war kind of a day!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

So precious!

The Eresuma Family said...

Good for you for taking a time out for yourself. It's so hard to break away from what you are doing sometimes we miss out! So high five to you for enjoying the moment! What a fun entry!

LaTour said...

So true. I need to remember to enjoy those moments when they happen- because you know it would have been hard for me to ignore the messy bed! Ha. Cute kids- I love this entry!

Jeenyus10 said...

Good advice! It goes too fast as it is. If you don't stop and take a look around, you might miss it!

Pam said...

It seems like I was just told about the playing in Mom and Dad's bed, but it always got cleaned up before I got home. I'm glad the fun kicked in before the mad. You really made a memory for the boys!!!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics