Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jumping In...

Have you ever wanted something so bad that it made your heart ache?? Something you knew you just couldn't live without? I have had a few of these heart aches in my life- The cabbage patch doll, Doc Martin shoes, that brown leather bomber jacket every girl had, becoming a cheerleader, hearing Shane say "I do", and having babies.

It should seem I would have all of my hearts desires since every one of these dreams came true for me. There still seemed to be something missing, an ache that would still not go away. That is, until I made photography a part of my life. Well- a bigger part of my life. Ever since high school I have loved taking pictures. I always had my camera with me and that has pretty much never changed since then. My senior prediction was even to marry the Lifetouch camera man, have lots of kids, and take pictures of them. No- I was not in love with the Lifetouch camera man...It was just because I loved taking pictures.

Since getting my first digital SLR camera on October 3, 2008 I have never been so passionate about learning every little thing I could. I pretty much read the manual cover to cover and started trying out new things right away. Every day wanting to learn more and more I would read books, go to web sites and just ask friends who also have this same passion (thanks Steph!). It's seems I just can't know enough, and with every practice shoot I do I learn more about myself and my camera.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by such loving friends and family to support me through this endeavor and push me to keep going. Thank you for letting me be a part of your life, I am a better person just by knowing you-ALL of you! I would never have come as far as I already have without you. It is scary, intimidating, frustrating and I love it so much!! I truly feel this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.

So I am jumping in, head first, eyes wide open, and heart ache gone. Here goes nothing!

andreaKphotography is now accepting clients. For more information on available dates and prices got to http://www.andreakphotos.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Katy said...

Congrats! That is so exciting for you. Next time we come to UT you may certainly take my family's photos!

Cheryl said...

I'm so excited for you! I loved reading what you had to say! You're going to be great and you've only just started! Congrats!

LaTour said...

Awesome entry! I am so happy for you and you are a wonderful photographer!

The Eresuma Family said...

You go girl! Love your writing about your passions! So excited to see what you capture next!

Jeenyus10 said...

That is so funny that you have posted this! Terry and I were near your house on Saturday and I was telling him how great your pics are and that you should really consider doing it professionally for real. I am glad you are taking the plunge. You are going to do great!

Pam said...

I am so proud of you and good luck with your new profession. I know you will be very successful, as you have been with every part of your life!!!! This is a good thing!!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics