Does it really ever go bad when it's last minute? That last minute decision seems to always be the right one. That last minute gift always seems to be their favorite. That last minute card seems to say everything that would have taken you hours to find on any other normal day. A last minute, jump in the car and drive to Wendover with friends singing Mariah at the top of our lungs is some of our favorite memories (you know who you are). So does it seem that last minute is the way to go? HECK YA! Especially when it is a romantic weekend with your hubby in Sunny Sonoma, CA. What a fabulous way to spend a long weekend! Eat yummy food, drink wine, and bask in 75 degree perfect weather among rolling hills of green. I think this just might be one of the prettiest places I have ever been to. I could live there...and not just for the weather. We stayed at the fabulous Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa and it was perfect!
Here we are crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. It took us about an hour and a half to get to Sonoma from San Francisco. This pic turned out better then I thought it would through the car window.

.
.
The view from our room was this beautiful tree in bloom for spring. The trees were like this everywhere, so pretty!
.
.
We got there Friday afternoon and hung out at the pool for a little bit and then went down to the Plaza where they had shopping and lots of yummy restaurants.
.
.
We tried out Della Santina's and it was soooo yum!
.
.
Saturday we just relaxed the day away with a couples massage, hanging at the pool and renting a movie in our room before another nice dinner. Sunday we were off on a fabulous wine tour of Sonoma. What a great way to spend the day. We went to four amazing wineries and vineyards. What is the difference you ask? Well- a winery makes their own wine but buys grapes and a vineyard grows grapes but doesn't make wine. Three we went to did both and one was just a winery. Little trivia for you :) All were beautiful!
.
.
This was our first stop.
.
.
.
We got to tour the caves were they age the wine. So cool.
.
That is some serious wine! The hallways in the cave went on forever.
.
That's some serious grapevines! They were just starting to bud from the winter.
.
.
Strike a pose! Shane is getting pretty good at working my camera....no one else that we asked could work it. All the pics came out blury of us together. I had to start just having them do the point and shoot if we wanted one together :)
.
.
Here is the second winery/vineyard we went to (Ledson)...are you kidding me!! How gorgeous is this!? The owner was actually building this house for his family and everyone kept thinking it was a winery so they just ended up making it one and never lived there a day.
.
.
.
.
Our third stop was St. Francis winery and vineyard. Again, beautiful and so fun.
.
.
.
Our last stop was VJB estate vineyards. A smaller, quaint place and a great way to end the tour.
.
.
It was so beautiful there. Rolling hills of green everywhere. I loved it! I could for sure live there.
.
.
.
The vineyards were so beautiful to see also. It was either rolling hills of green or rolling hills of grapes. I loved it all!! I would love to go back when the grapes are in full bloom. Some of you better come with us!
.
.
What an amazing way to spend four days with my favorite person! Love you honey!!
10 comments:
Those are really beautiful pictures and the people in them aren't bad either!! You make such a cute couple and I'm glad you had such a good time. We all really need to get away with each other just to reconnect and know just how much as a couple we love each other. It was fun to have the kids!!! Love ya
Andrea! Great recap on your trip! I love the photos and notes beneath! Nice work. Such a fun photo of the wine glasses in the tasting room! Seeing the vineyards and barrells makes me miss my awesome job working at Montinore Vineyards in Opt school! Fun job with awesome perks of taking home the left overs! And they make an incredible pinot! Looks like a fabulous trip!
So jealous! Beautiful pictures! I love it...it makes me want to go there (I don't know what I would do there..but it looks fantastic)! I am glad you had fun and I am glad you are back!
I love all the pictures....my favorite is he one of the wine glasses, as I'm sipping on my wine as I type! Looks like a lot of fun for a weekend getaway. I wanted to do the wine tasting when we drove through there, but kids are probably not fun to have with you then! Looks like a great trip!
I am more jealous that you know. I have always wanted to go to Sonoma and now I really want to go. Great pictures you are really good at working that camera and capturing just the right stuff. Nice Job
I am thinking I need to go be an accountant for a winery! We are in the wrong business! I am glad you guys had a great time. No sandstorms there!
Awesome photos! You guys look great especially YOU!! I've always wanted to go there.
How fun! I love all the pics! Great job!
Gorgeous photos and subjects(you)! I vote we all plan a couples trip there! It looks so fun!
PS......I totally miss our last minute spotaneousness.........LOVE YA! We need to do it again!
Post a Comment