Okay, okay....so I'm A LOT late. By only a few years though :) Back when all the frenzy over Twilight was going on I thought it was a little silly. It made me laugh a little at all my friends obsession over it. What was the big deal?? I went on with life and didn't even see Twilight in the theatre...nope. I rented it and watched from my couch while Shane fell asleep. I liked it well enough but still wondered what all the fuss was about. I wanted to see it again for some reason and so I actually bought it and watched again. LOVED IT even more. Watched it a third time and was sucked in...no pun intended. Okay- a small pun intended. I still wanted more so I bought the Twilight book. Since I had already seen the movie I got to the book when I could. YES- the book is totally better. Lots of detail and so much more is explained that you need to know. When I got to the end of Twilight there is the first chapter to New Moon for you to read. That did it...it was all over for me. I read the second book in 4 days, it could have been less but I do still have kids to take care of you know. LOVED New Moon. I can't wait for the movie this fall!! I moved on to the third, Eclipse, and it was MY FAV for sure!! Only 2 1/2 days to finish Eclipse and who knows where my kids are at this point :) We decided to go camping and I was so glad because I just could not wait to read the final book, Breaking Dawn. With Shane around I was sure to get lots of reading in. Plus it rained a lot...someone was on my side..lol. I finished the last book, a for sure close second favorite to the third, in pretty much 2 days and I am so sad it is over. I almost want to start over. WHAT!?? What is happening to me right now. How did this become such an obsession I not too long ago laughed about. Well- 2,444 pages later I completely understand and I am for sure a crazed fan like the rest of you! Stephenie Meyer ROCKS!! Does anyone know where my kids are?? Kidding.
C+J the big day!
13 years ago


8 comments:
Yeah, I am sucked in myself. When the first movie came out, I went and bought the book. I thought "I guess I better see what the big deal is". WHATEVER! I finished Twilight in 2 days, went and bought New Moon, played hookie from work and finished that in a little over 24 hours! I had to make myself wait for the weekend for the next two books because I knew I would be totally useless. Indeed, where are the kids! Sad it's over? Don't be. Just read them all over again, that is what I did! I read the whole series a couple of weekends ago (yeah, I read the whole series from Friday to Sunday....useless!) When New Moon comes out, we all need to go. I know Lisa will be in on that one!
I finished Twilight and am reading chapter 3 of New Moon. All my friends and I are sucked completely into it. I heard New Moon was a tad slow. I went to scrapbook camp last weekend and the theme was Twilight!! You would have loved it!
Welcome to the club! I'm dying for the next movie to come out! Twilight was the first movie I liked as well as the book.
I am with ya......um I read all three of the first books in a weekend....and Breaking Dawn in 2 days also! I am soooo hooked! ANd I went to the midnight showing of the movie! And I will for New Moon too! Let me know if you want in on the midnight showing and we can all cry together! So glad you are in the club!
J-all four in one weekend!! WOW, that is a true fan :)
Katy- I am soooo jealous, one- of scrapbook camp and 2 that it was Twilight! I loved New Moon, I didn't think it was slow.
Cheryl- I agree
Lis- I'm in, mark me down!! :)
Ok, I'm not that fast of a reader but was totally sucked in after people started talking about it. I loved all of the books and same with the third being my favorite and Breaking Dawn my second favorite...I love all the detail in each of the books. I'm thinking that I am going to have to read them again before the New Moon movie comes out.
I was the same way at first and now I am reading New Moon again before the movie comes out.
I will for sure read New Moon again before the movie comes out. Need to take a little break though :)
Post a Comment