Thursday, January 15, 2009

What's with all the head injuries!!???


First little Livia, next Tim and now Brady. What is going on!? So I get a call from the school today saying Brady has fallen at recess and cut his head. I rush right over to the school to find him very upset and I think a little scared. The nurse had his head all bandaged up so I couldn't really tell how bad it was. I just hugged him and told him it would be ok. The nurse looked at me and mouthed "he needs stitches". The teacher said he was running and slipped on a patch of ice and hit his head on the edge of a stair. We rushed right out and went to the hospital. Brady is my tough little guy so if he says it hurts bad..it must. I think when we got to the hospital he was nervous and when they took us back he started to cry. I think it all got overwhelming for him...poor little guy. The nurse put some gel on it to numb it a little before they really numb it...umm, I am pretty sure the gel did nothing by the way he was screaming when they numbed it. I have never heard Brady cry like that before, it just broke my heart and of course I tried as hard as I could not to cry but that didn't last long. Brady and I were both wishing Shane was there. After all was numb Brady was ready to just leave. He tried to get off the bed but I had to tell him they need to do the stitches now. "Is it going to hurt?" he asked tearfully. I told him no and then he relaxed a little. The doctor came over and was so great the whole time he stitched him up...asking Brady questions and keeping his mind off of it. Brady was so brave and didn't move at all when he did the stitches. When all was done (9 stitches later- 2 internal and 7 external) he was excited to see in the mirror and can't wait to show his friends. After, we went to Grandma Pam's for some hugs and kisses (we both needed) and then it was home to rest. This is the first time I have ever been through stitches and I hope the last!! Please be careful on the ice all!

5 comments:

Jeenyus10 said...

They say they come in threes, hopefully we are done. Tim had to have stitches a couple of years ago and it is not fun. The worst part is when they "numb" them. It hurts! I am really lucky he didn't have to have stitches the other day! Okay guys, no more falling and running into people! Hope you feel better, Brady!

Lisa said...

Poor guy! I love how now though he is excited to show off his stitches! I hope all is well now!

Keesha said...

Poor little guy. So hard on mom to watch and dad when he can't be there. Hope you are all doing okay now. I think I am going to make my kids walk around in helmets from now on until the head injuries stop.

The Eresuma Family said...

Poor little buddy! So glad you are through that one and moving on! Good job holding down the fort mom!

Katy said...

Wow poor kid..i dont like reading about him being scared in the hospital..breaks my heart. i'm so glad he's OK and able to show off all those stitches. his first major injury!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics