So- the other night we had such a fabulous girls night out at the Spaghetti Factory. One of those eat til your sick, laugh til it hurts, and wish we did this more often kind of a girls night. After dinner we got to talking outside in the FREEZING cold and an hour later we thought we better get going before we all get frost bite. During our little chat Amber, my sister, brought up the traumatizing event of the famous childhood ice cream cone cupcake. Apparently these ice cream cupcakes were a favorite of hers when we were little. "It was the best part of school when someone brought those for their birthday" she told us. Well- It seems I went to a birthday party and got one of these golden cupcakes and didn't eat it. Instead I put it on my window sill for later and forgot about it. I find out later this just tortured Amber to see it there day after day with out a single bite! As fate would have it I went to the pantry craving a treat today and saw a box of confetti cake and thought it would be fun to make cupcakes. I turn the box over for the instructions and there it was...ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES!!! At the bottom of the instructions it said how to make the famous ice cream cone cupcakes and I just knew I had to do it. Gotta love Betty Crocker! To all the tortured cupcake souls out there, I promise to never let another ice cream cone cupcake go uneaten again. Enjoy! Love ya Ber!!
C+J the big day!
12 years ago






7 comments:
Oh now that is funny!!! I love it! I am so glad you were able to make it up to her after ALL THESE YEARS! Enjoy those icecream cupcakes Amber, they look delicious!
I am so glad I was apart of the eat til you're sick, laugh til it hurts night out. Really, it was one of the best. Can't wait for the next one!
So funny! That was hilarious and Amber was really irritated that you would waste such yummy food- as I would be! What a good sister you are to make it up to her!
That is so cute! I want to make them now. They look so good! Your so sweet!
What a fun, sweet surprise today. They were delicious and I've been smiling ever since they showed up on my door step. I guess I can forgive you for the "window cupcake" now, but I will still always envy that will power of yours:) You are the greatest sister ever!!! Thanks for being so thoughtful!
You should post the recipe! I would love to know how to make them!
Okay, now you've done it! I have to go to the store and get the stuff to make them. They look too good!
What a fun story! Love it! Fun and yummy at the same time does it get any better?!
Post a Comment