Monday, August 11, 2008

Hawaiian Paradise Vacation



We're back!! I cannot believe it is over already. My dream vacation has come and gone but it really is nice to be home. We missed the kids so much and I had few rough days without them but I feel like overall I did better then I though I would. We started out our vacation in Oahu where our hotel was right on the beach. We took our bags to the room, got in our suits and went boogie boarding the first day. It was so fun. The second day we got up so early because of the 4 hour time difference that we decided to watch the sunrise on the beach. Then we went to Pearl Harbor and that was a really neat experience. The third day we did our vow renewal ceremony and then we rented a car and went up to the north shore where we got the best shave ice in the world at Motsumotos (a must if you ever got to Hawaii!) Then after the yummy treat we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center....not my favorite part of the trip but interesting none the less. We saw the beaches were Lost is filmed but didn't know it until someone told us later. The fourth day we flew to Maui where we stayed at the Grand Wailea and it was gorgeous! Maui is totally different then Oahu. It was neat to stay two very different places. In Maui we really just did a lot of relaxing. We did a fun snorkel tour one day and got to be so close to sea turtles it was crazy. P.S. they are huge!! We also did a luau one night with an awesome fire dancer and that was fun. The luau was actually on our anniversary so that was neat to do on our special day. We had fun at the pool with the water slides and worlds only water elevator. We really enjoyed each other and had a great time. I love you honey, thank you for making my dream vacation, and all my dreams come true!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

How fun! I'm glad your back! I missed my buddy! It looks like so much fun. I can't wait to go back there! I'm glad it was your dream vaca and it came true! LOve you!

Lisa said...

Seeing your pics makes me totally need to go back! It looks like you had an amazing time! So weet and you look gorgeous in all your pics! Love ya!

The Eresuma Family said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip! Congrats! And how fun to renew vows on the beach! Love it! So happy for you both! Hope to see you soon! Can't wait to see the LV purse!

Jeenyus10 said...

I was waiting for this post so I could see all of the cool things you guys did! I love the sunsets, how beautiful. Renewing your vows is a great idea, how romantic! Too bad you can't freeze time and stay a little longer. It is always nice to come home though. Awesome!

The DeBoer's said...

Oh, wow it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Happy late anniversary!

Flash Jorgensen said...

Wow-wee! What an amazing vacation! Something you'll remember forever I'm sure!

I think you should TOTALLY take a class from Carin Davis if she's doing one. I LOVED that I learned in a hands on way how to use all the manual settings on my camera and that I could walk away shooting pictures in the manual mode. I had bought books before her class and I'd read a little, go back and re-read it cause it didn't make all that much sense or I had forgotten and I was getting frustrated. Her class taught me everything I needed to know and now I can read the books and actually learn from them cause I know what it all means. SO YES, YOU SHOULD DO IT! Check out her blog for her classes...http://cdworkshop.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I am glad you had fun, Hawaii is one of my favorite places, maybe one day we can take a trip together

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics