Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

So long 2008! What a year it has been. Who would have ever thought we would see gas at $4.00, the economy go down the crapper, and elect our first African American president all in the same year! I think 2008 will for sure go down in the history books and in my family history book as well. I wanted to take a minute and just think back on all the great things that happened to the Carter family in 2008 so we will always have it to read about. January started out with a bang when our little Aubrey rolled over for the first time on January 3rd. Yes- it took 6 months but that is probably my fault since I never wanted to put her down. Man what a difference a year makes, now she is running all over the place. Shane had his 35th birthday, Joshua lost his first tooth, and my little sister had a new baby boy, a darling addition to the family. February came and brought two new additions in my life as well....hehe. You know what I'm talking about, and if you don't- well, you don't know me very well. March is such a fun month, spring is on the way and my sweet Brady turned 5!! I just cannot believe how the time flies by. While Brady turned 5, Cheryl and Tyson welcomed a baby girl the same day. A week later Aubrey was baptized into the Catholic church and it was truly a special day. April came and we were so excited because that meant DISNEYLAND!! It was such a fun family vacation and we were so lucky that my mom and dad came along for the fun. Soon it was May and I was so excited to celebrate being a mom for 7 years. Shortly after that was the last day of school and it was SUMMER!! Yipee! June came before we knew it and it was pool parties and lots of yard work to fill our days. Happy seven years of being a daddy Shane! Aubrey's 1st birthday was celebrated with lots of love, laughter and a few tears from me to see her grow up so fast and a few from her when she grabbed the lit candle on her cake-oops. July was already here and it was HOT! We had so much fun on a 4th of July Carter Family trip up to Babette and Scott's cabin in Lava Hot Springs where we ate, talked, laughed and took the kids down the river on tubes...SO FUN! Shane and I celebrated 13 years since our first date and then it was already time to start planning for back to school. August I think was my favorite month of the year. Why-do you ask? HAWAII!! Shane and I celebrated 10 years of marriage on a Hawaii fantasy vacation for 8 days. It was heaven!! Then it was already time for the first day of school and the boys were pretty excited. We wrapped up this month with Joshua's 7th birthday at a fun bowling birthday party with all of his friends, and another milestone for Aubrey...she's walking! We were all geared up for September and what does that mean?? GO UTES!! The season started out great with their first win of an undefeated season. Then I was off to a very fun girls trip in Vegas for Cheryl's 30th birthday. Ya girl! October snuck up on us fast and fall was here and that means the pool was closed....sniff, sniff. It also meant some super exciting news that my friend Emily is expecting in the spring (a boy) can't wait! This year for Halloween the kids were a vampire (Joshua), a skeleton (Brady), and Little red riding hood for miss Aubrey. They were on a sugar high for weeks! November was great weather and fun times with friends at the SERIOUSLY awesome UTES vs BYU game...and we kicked butt! Thanksgiving was a nice time with family and lots of good food. Last but not least...we made it to December. We did so many fun Christmas activities, starting with a Kurt Bestor Christmas concert spent with good friends, next we went on the Polar Express to the North Pole (the Heber North Pole that is) and the kids just loved it. There were the kids Christmas programs, gingerbread houses, and decorating cookies to keep us in the holiday spirit until the big day came around where Santa was good to all of us :) To bring this year to an end...I turned 32 and had one of my best knowing I have so many good friends and family members that love me so much. This brings us to the end of our 2008, and I must say it was pretty great! (I'm a poet and don't even know it-ha!)I am so proud of Shane, my kids, all my family and friends for everything that made this year one to remember. Seriously! So long 2008, I am all fired up for 2009!......Happy New Year 2009!!!

6 comments:

Jeenyus10 said...

I love the new year! It is a chance to start fresh! I'm sure 2009 will be just as eventful as 2008 was!

LaTour said...

This is awesome! I love reading all of it. I wish I had one of these for every year so I could remember what happened! Here we come 2009!

Lisa said...

So cute and great idea! I think I may seriously steal it! Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

How fun is that! You're so cute! Love you tons.

The Eresuma Family said...

What a fun read! Great idea! Happy New Year back at you! Here we go!

Pam said...

I just got a chance to read your year in review. You really have a knack for writing. I loved reading all the things you did. You really keep everything going!! You're the best!! Happy New Year to you and I hope 2009 is good for everyone!!!!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics