The flu has really hit the Carter house hard this year and especially our sweet princess. Since everything she ate or drank was coming right back out and after almost 9 hours without a wet diaper we took her up to Primary Children's Hospital to get an IV. We could already tell a difference in her after only a few minutes of fluids. Thank goodness for the Tinker Bell movie which she LOVES and has seen 50 times already but still loves to watch, she watched it while they poked at her and it seemed to keep her calm. We had a great staff of doctors and nurses who got everything in on the first try (that has never happened to us before) and it made for an easier experience. After a few hours and fluids the docs gave us the ok to go home and to just try and keep her drinking as much as we could. She is for sure a much happier girl this morning and we are so thankful she is all right. I still had my little camera in my purse from the Utes game so we were able to get a couple pics of this not so fun Friday night. I wish a healthy winter to all of you and your kids.
C+J the big day!
13 years ago

5 comments:
So happy she's better! Cheers to good health!!
Oh, so sad! It is so hard when your babies are sick! My kids have been off track for four weeks and they go back tomorrow. I was just thinking about that and how they will be exposed now and we are probably going to see the flu here too! I told Topher if he washed his hands often it would help him not to get sick as easily. Now I've created a monster because he is always doing it and reminding others as well (I guess that is a good thing) Hope everyone feels better soon!
That is so sad seeing her lying there on that big hospital bed. I'm glad she's feeling better. And the boys are fine too.
OMG! I'm so sorry she was so sick! Poor baby girl!
Ah, that just brakes my heart! I hope she is all better now!
Post a Comment