I can't tell you how many times a day I want to pull my hair out because my boys wont stop fighting. Well- yesterday was no exception. We had a little pool party and Joshua was on top of his game. Every time I turned around he was causing a problem or back talking me. At one point he even shouted out to me that he doesn't have to listen to me until I am over 35...?? Umm, okay...where the heck do they come up with this stuff? I made it through the pool party. Barely. When everyone left I told him how disappointed in him I was and that he was not getting a prize from daddy when he gets home from his business trip. I sent him to his room and said don't come out the rest of the day! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him...or both of them. This morning he was all peaches and cream. Laying it on thick like an employee trying to get a promotion or something. He was all about earning that prize back. So I decide to head up to park city to do a little shopping for our Cali trip next week. Low and behold the fighting starts again. I remind them what's at stake and it stops. I blast the music so that no one could hear one another if they tried. When we got there Joshua asked me, "Mommy have we been good on this errand? Well-except for that beginning part?" My thoughts, "Yes, you boys were so good for 20 whole minutes of that 30 minute car ride when I blasted the music so you couldn't talk to each other. I'm am just beyond proud!" My real response..."Yes, and please be good in the store too". Joshua's response, "Oh I will mommy, I will stay right by you." Yep, that lasted a whole 5 minutes. Well- I still have my hair, so far. I wouldn't be so sure after this trip to California. I might look okay bald, right? I guess we'll see in a week. :)
.
Since a post is always better with a picture...here is another pic of our monkeys from our 4th of July weekend. Man I do love them though.
C+J the big day!
12 years ago


4 comments:
I'm sorry! I can't imagine how hard it's going to be for me. Your super mom and I know you get stressed. I'm gonna go crazy when my kiddos start this.... You will still have your hair after Cali.
If you don't pull it out, it just turns grey like mine! :) I also hear the more they fight as children, the closer they are as adults?????? (oh, and p.s., if they don't have to listen to you until you are 35, then what is my kid's excuse!!!)
Sounds like my house with my two girls that are 18 months apart....8 and 9 til Nov. My youngest trys her hardest to die every single day! She loves punching bottons! I still have hair too! :)
I can relate 100%. I think my boys are almost spending too much together. Yesterday they told me 36 more days til school starts..we're all ready for that to happen! Hang in there..I feel your pain :)
Post a Comment