2009 came and went, so here we go again! It's a new year, a fresh start, a rebirth. For everyone the new year means something different. A new diet, getting organized, or even quitting a bad habit. For me, the new year means another year of love, laughter, friends and family to look back on and be thankful. Sooo...what shall we call the last ten years people?? We have the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, and 80's etc... What the heck are we going to call the last ten years? The thousands? The O's? The singles? Hmmm...we need to think about that one. Well, I do know what I am going to call 2009...FABULOUS! It was a great year and I had a wonderful trip down memory lane just thinking about it!
.
January was great! I was moving ahead full force with photography and practicing any chance I got. Going on photowalks and following my kids around. It really sucked me in. I love it! Joshua started indoor soccer and he was really good at it. Miss Aubrey started to become more and more independent and wouldn't let me feed her anymore, she is really growing up fast. We had our first and hopefully last major injury when Brady fell at school and cut his head open. After getting 9 stitches he felt pretty cool and I was so glad when that was over! Shane turned 36 but he doesn't look a day over 25 :) Love you honey! Shortly after celebrating another year for Shane we sadly said goodbye to my Grandma's last. We miss you Grandma. February slowly came and we were so sick of the cold weather. We packed up the car and drove down to St. George for a little sun. The kids were thrilled to play outside without coats and I was so happy to feel the warmth on my face. I filled this month with blog stalking and photography, because really, what else is there to do when it's FREEZING! March makes me happy because I know that spring is on the way. Brady turned 6 and I really want to push the pause button on my kids. Stop growing up so fast!! I did my first REAL photo shoot for Brady's birthday pictures with outfits and locations carefully picked. I was so proud of myself and it just fed the fire. I knew in my heart this was the perfect fit for me. The following week I had my Carin Davis workshop that I had been counting the days for. It was great! Met new friends and had a whole day of photography. We lost another dear family member this month, my Uncle Lee, and it was hard. Love you. Finally the sun started to shine and it must have inspired me. I through all caution to the wind and started to take clients. It has been amazing! To wrap up this month, Shane and I decided to get away and our pick was sunny Sonoma, CA. It was beautiful, romantic, and SO yummy. I love getting away with the love of my life:) Along came April and the boys started soccer (Brady) and baseball (Joshua). This kept us pretty busy and the boys loved being able to do outdoor sports. May started off right with Joshua making us so proud when getting his First Holy Communion. It was a beautiful day. Mothers day was soon after and I couldn't be prouder of my three darling kids. School was out this month and we were so excited for SUMMER! June makes me happy because it is time for pool parties! WOO HOO!! The boys swam just about every day and I was loving the sun. Aubrey turned 2 with a Tinkerbell party and again I fought back the tears. That little princess keeps us on or toes and is doing her darnedest to live up to those "terrible twos". What a stinker! We were all looking forward to July because it was our family vacation to San Diego. What a blast! The kids had so much fun at Legoland and Seaworld and our hotel was to die for. I love family vacations!! Swim parties and camping filled up the rest of this month and I was so excited to get to August. I was lucky enough to attend the Jasmine Star workshop in Orange County, CA. I learned a ton and made some lasting friends. It was an amazing experience. Next on my August favorites list was my 11 year anniversary. I am one lucky girl to have Shane as my husband. He makes life an amazing adventure. I love you so much!! It was back to school time and I was so sad the summer went by so fast. No fair! Joshua wrapped up this month turning 8 at a fun rock climbing party with all of his friends. It really started to hit me that I have a 3rd grader...weird. September started off right with Swiss Days, as it does for us traditionally every year. We had a blast in Park City and shopped it up in Heber. The girl talk by the camp fire was my favorite part though :) Photography was going strong and really keeping me busy. I was loving every minute. Aubrey ended this month for us with another milestone. Off to school she went. I found a fun little toddler class to help those busy little hands stay out of trouble for a few hours a week. She loves it! It seems October found us fast and the year was starting to wind down very quickly. The kids looked so dang cute in their costumes. Joshua was a mummy, Brady was black Spiderman, and Aubrey was the cutest little fortune teller you ever saw. We had so much fun on a last minute trip to San Francisco with Shane's family. It was very hard to leave all that warmth behind in sunny San Fran. Trick or treating ended this month as it always does, and it was time to talk turkey. November filled right up with lots of fun things. We finally made it to a Utes game and we will for sure make it to more next year. Go Utes! Bevy is having a baby and it was time to celebrate. The shower to put all showers to shame was held in her honor and we can't wait to meet that precious little Lee. Once he gets here it will be off to wedding planning. We are so happy for them! Brady lost his first tooth this month, he was SO excited! Next in line for exciting events was the New Moon movie we had been waiting months for. It was a fabulous girls night. Love you ladies to pieces. Thanksgiving filled us up and then it was time to shop. I braved the midnight opening at the mall and I am glad I tired it once but I am pretty sure that wont happen again. Crazy!... Seriously!! December makes us all happy with the Christmas music and holiday cheer in the air. I just wish it was warmer. I have been cold since October people! We started this month with a fun filled weekend with good friends of ours Gary and Katy. Oh how I wished they still lived here. We miss them so much. It is nice to have a warm state to visit though :) We are coming to AZ soon! Next on the holiday list was a visit from Santa at my moms holiday party. All the kids were crazy excited and I just loved seeing all their sweet faces light up when he walked in the house. Once again it was time for A Kurt Bestor Christmas concert (#9 for us). It was awesome, one of our favorite years! The kids had very cute Christmas programs and we are so proud of them. Jake James Lee finally made his grand appearance, a week late! You owe your mom big for that one mister :) Days later it was time for Christmas Eve at my mom and dad's house. Shane won a Wii at shuffle board and the kids couldn't be happier. Christmas day was spent with Shane's family and it was great! Just around the corner from Christmas is you know what...my birthday!! It was so fun! I spent the day with my best friends and I celebrated that night with the love of my life and I got a new phone...WOO HOO!!! I can text! :) We planned up a sleepover party at my mom and dad's for New Years Eve and I can't wait to ring in 2010 with the ones I love most. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I am a lucky girl, and if you are reading this...YOU are one of the reasons why. Love to you all! XOXO, Andrea


4 comments:
I'm lucky because of you! Love you! Happy 2010! I will see you soon in warm and sunny AZ.
That was really a nice recap of the entire year. You really did have a great year. We had so much fun New Year's Eve and New Year's morning with everyone. Let me know when you find a name for the last decade. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! We love you sooo much.
I am so impressed you remember all that! I can only remember 2 months back max. You had a great year but you deserve it. Congrats on your phone by the way!!!
Wow, what a whirlwind year! It has been great because of wonderful friends like you! Can't wait for 2010 and camping!
Post a Comment