Friday, December 4, 2009

Tree Trimming

We do it every year. The turkey gets put away and the Christmas tree comes out. We go back and forth as to where we should put it. It ends up in the same place as the year before. We turn the Christmas music on and the fun begins. I don't know who is more excited about putting the tree up between the boys and Shane. I love it! I love the excitement in their little eyes, and his.
.
We do it every year. The kids get to put a few ornaments on and I do the rest. I ususally re-arrange what they did when they go to bed so I don't hurt their feelings. Not this year. The boys took over that tree like pros and I think it turned out great. Sure, I move a handful of ornaments around. I pitched in a little....but I really love how they decorated it, because THEY decorated it. My favorite part is that they put all of their school ornaments right smack in the front. Right where they should be. With the last ornament Joshua said to Brady "let's put it on together", my heart just melted right there. I have to scoop those moments up and lock them away in my heart to remember when they are tearing each other apart over toys. It was a good moment.
.
We do it every year. This year was different.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3 comments:

LaTour said...

The tree looks beautiful! How fun! Every year is getting more fun- who would have thought! Love the pictures! Of course.....

The Eresuma Family said...

Looking good! Such a fun time of year!! Great group shot!

Jeenyus10 said...

I love decorating the tree too! They are so much better decorated with stuff the kids have made! I have probably said this before, but when Alex was born, someone gave me an ornament for him that was called "baby's first ornament" It gave me the idea to buy an ornament for my kids each year. Later I got smart and started buying ornaments that could hold photos. I am so glad I did because now I have so many (I have 52 and counting!), they are the only ones on the tree. I get to look at their photos and see how they have changed over the years. It is awesome!

Blog frog

Visitors

background

text

pics