So when Shane got home today I think the look on my face said it all- I'M OVER IT! Yes, I am so over this day is is not even funny. So I got up this morning in a pretty good mood. Ready to start the day I got dressed, got the kids ready for field day, and got Aubrey ready to go to my moms while I helped at field day. As we were backing out I realized I forgot my purse, so I pulled back in and went to run inside to grab it. I totally tripped up the stairs and said a few choice words as I pretty much felt like I broke both of my big toes. Not to mention the pain shooting up my legs where I am sure bruises will soon be. Got my dang purse and took the kids to school. I dropped Aubrey off to my mom and went back to help at school. I parked the car and got out. I turned to go inside and hit my head on the persons car mirror next to mine. Awesome. The day went on ok as we baked in the sun and played all the games we wonder why are still being played...such as dodge ball, tug of war etc. Yes there were tears and yes there were injuries. Apparently it is just a right of passage to be tortured by these games. I thought it was a half day and that the kids didn't need to bring a lunch. Nope. I had to run home and get them lunch and run back. Next it was off the get Aubrey from my mom and take her home for a nap. Ahhh peace. Nope. About 1 hour later she was up and crying for 45 minutes!! An hour nap feels like 5 minutes in mom world. It was time to get the boys from school and then it was off to the grocery store to get food for our camping trip. Smiths thought it would be a great idea to put miniature carts for the kids. NO. Joshua tipped his over full of groceries and Brady slammed his right into the back of my heels. Those went right back where they came from real fast. We got home and the boys are crazy as usual. They decide to start pulling each other around on a blanket and slam Aubrey's head into the corner of the wall. Crying again for 30 minutes. Seriously? I sent them to their rooms to keep from having child protective services called on me and I decide to check some emails. I get one from Brady's teacher about how much she had loved being his teacher and what a joy it has been to get to know our family. At the end she says "They grow up fast so enjoy them while they still want to cuddle". Yep- tears. I almost couldn't stop. I think part was from this day and part because it's true. When Shane got home we sat outside while the kids played together. We watched as all three piled into the sand box and didn't fight once. It made me so happy after such a crappy day to see my kids play together and have fun. Shane reminded me that it wont be long before they can't fit in that sand box together or even want to for that matter. Yep-tears....of joy.
C+J the big day!
13 years ago


6 comments:
So true! Man - life is an emotional roller coaster! Hang on tight and enjoy the ride! Have a great camp trip!!
Oh, I love you for this reason, you are so real. This is just how it goes some days (more often than not it seems). It's a good thing we have those little moments (like the email) to remind us to relax and enjoy the moments in life. If it weren't for those LITTLE things, I think all three of my kids would be dead! Thanks for being my little reminder today.
Oh, aren't those days just a joy! At least it ended on a happy note! p.s., how are your shins? Toes? Head?
Angels. How are your aches and pains??
Some days are better than others! Tyson will ask me from time to time if I need a time out..Yes, I do!! Your an amazing mom!!
I love it.....
Post a Comment